Spring, what a beautiful time of year! Birds chirping, rain pouring, nature blooming! The fresh smell of mother nature peaking out from under the pile of snow, that soon will melt away. I think I speak for us all when I say how incredibly long this winter has been. I mean was it ever going to end? If your kids are anything like mine then their beyond ready for these spring outdoor activities for toddlers that can be done in their own backyard.
As mothers we want nothing more then to help our children grow into beautiful, smart and successful adults. The lessons we teach them now will help determine the individuals they will develop into in the future.
With spring approaching I’ve come up with 24 great ways to get your toddler outside and engaged with nature. After all, they’ve been cooped up waiting out winter for what feels like an eternity ( for us moms anyway).
Here are 24 outdoor activities for toddlers
1. Play in a sandbox
To make this even cheaper then buying an actual kid sandbox that range anywhere from $35 on up, you could buy a baby sized pool you can find anywhere pretty cheap, like for less then 10 dollars. All you have to do is fill it with sand! As an added bonus for winter months, bring this indoors and use for a ball pit.
2. Investigate the yard with a magnifying glass
3. Ride a bike
4. Plant a garden
5. Make a bird feeder
7. Have an outdoor picnic
8. Play soccer
9. Color the patio with sidewalk chalk
10. Play catch with a beach ball
11.Read a book about nature
12. Make a scrapbook of leaves
13. Play with bubbles
14. Grab an easel and draw/paint a tree
15. Lay out cardboard and paint
16. Hide and seek
17. Hula hoop
18. Make garden soup using leaves, twigs and flower clippings
19. Lay out a blanket and find shapes in the clouds
20. Have an outdoor dance party
21. Pitch a tent for daytime camping
22. Play with the dog
23. Good old fashioned game of tag
24. Fly a kite
All of these activities are things you can do in your own back yard, which is perfect for busy moms!
Do you have more spring outdoor activities for toddlers you’d love to share with other moms? Drop them in the comments below:)