First Time Mom Baby Registry Checklist
Congratulations mama, you’re going to have a baby. This is going to be an exciting time for you and your family and I am just so excited for you!
Did you know that it’s common nowadays to have another baby shower or a sprinkle even after you’ve had one for your first baby? This printable baby registry checklist will come in handy when you are creating your registry this time around.
After all, you don’t want to forget to add something, right?
What is a baby registry?
A baby registry is basically a list of baby items that you want or need for the new baby that other people can purchase for you. It can be anything from a crib to something smaller like a cute outfit or pack on onesies.
One thing most mamas do (myself included) is to only add things to my registry that will benefit my baby for the first months of their life.
But, what about after that?
Add things to your baby registry that they will need or use through toddlerhood also.
I mean the majority of it will be stuff to use right away but it’ll be nice for you to have stuff for them after that too, won’t it?
The beauty of a baby registry is you can put anything and everything on your list. You’re just giving other people an idea of what you want for your baby.
They don’t have to get it all! Having a ton of stuff on your registry will give your loved ones different options and price points to choose from.
One thing many mamas forget when they are building their baby registry is that they don’t only have to put things on there for a newborn.
After all, your baby will only be a newborn for a very short time.
This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you. For more information, see our disclosures here
When should you start your baby registry?
There is no wrong answer to this. You can do your baby registry whenever you want to! Some people do it right when they find out because they are so excited (who can blame them, right?). But some woman waits until 12 weeks and others wait closer to their baby shower.
I was so overwhelmed with the idea of doing a baby registry. I didn’t do mine until close to my baby shower. It’s completely overwhelming and I made it much easier for you with this baby registry checklist. You can print by signing up below.
That’s why I decided to write this post to help give you ideas of what you can add to your registry. And I created a free printable to make it even easier for you!
Some of these items you wouldn’t even think of adding to your registry. But will be so useful when there is a little baby in the house.
Where to register for a baby registry?
You can create a baby registry pretty much anywhere nowadays. It just depends on the places that you like. I created my first registry at babies r us and target but next time I will start with amazon since it’s so convenient for everyone.
Create a baby registry at these places.
Earth Mama Organics– Go to the bottom of the page to create your registry for natural organic products.
Amazon– Sign into your account and go to account/lists in the top right of the page and from there click where it says
Target– Sign into your account, in the top right you will see where it says registries and lists. From there you can create your baby registry.
Buy Buy Baby– Sign into your account and in the top right you will see the word registry and from there you can build your baby registry using this checklist.
When it comes to breastfeeding your baby it’s important to put only the best in and on our bodies to help protect our little ones.
That’s why I recommend these products because they are as close to natural as we can get. NO MORE WORRY ABOUT IS IT SAFE FOR BABY! Because IT IS!
- Baby bottles– These Comotomo baby bottles have so many benefits; they are specifically designed to mimic breastfeeding to prevent nipple confusion (yes that’s totally a thing). There easy to clean, safe for the microwave, boiling water, dishwasher and sterilizers and they help prevent colic.
Did you know when plastic is heated in either the microwave or dishwasher the plastic releases chemicals (BPA) that will then go into your baby’s food? See what HuffPost has to say about it.
These bottles are made of 100% safe hygienic silicone which is safe for your baby and the environment.
- Bibs– These bibs are nice because they are made of natural material (BPA free). Which helps with baby’s sensitive skin but they also have a little teething spot on the bottom for baby to munch on.
- Gel breast packs- Breastfeeding at times can be painful, that’s why these Booby Tubes are perfect for you. You can use them hot or cold or one of each to soothe those tender breasts. The best thing about these is there ALL NATURAL!
- Nipple cream– Breastfeeding can cause cracked nipples that’s why nipple cream is a must. The best part about this nipple butter is it’s all-natural which is what we want when our little babies are eating off our nipples.
- Earth Mama also has a vegan nipple butter if you are wanting to go that route. You can’t go wrong with either option if you ask me.
- Burp cloths– Babies skin is so sensitive that’s why this ultra-soft muslin bamboo burp cloth is perfect for your little one. These burp cloths are 100 % natural and hypoallergenic making it better for the baby’s skin.
- Boppy pillow– These pillows are great for breastfeeding, as a pregnancy pillow, to lay down or sit up baby, use it to bottle feed, for tummy time or even as a butt pillow postpartum. Pair it with this cute pillow cover that is machine washable.
Remember, we’re all about finding different ways to use the same product to save space and money. The boppy pillow is defiantly something you want to have because of everything you can use it for.
- Breast pump– If your planning on breastfeeding than a breast pump is a must-have item. After all, you want to let your partner help with feedings, right?
Bonus: Did you know that with most health care plans they will provide you with a free breast pump? Contact your health insurance provider and they can help you get yours free.
- Nursing bra-These are so comfy and they have so many to choose from.
- Breastfeeding cover– This nursing cover is amazing and the best part is you can use it for multiple things like; as a nursing cover, as a car seat cover and as a cart cover to keep the germs away.
- Bottle drying rack-This rack holds up to 8 disassembled baby bottles at one time plus a detachable cup for holding baby’s utensils and things.
- High chair– I love this high chair because it takes up less space than the traditional high chair because you can just set it on a regular chair. Plus its easier to lug around if you are out and about and need a place for baby to eat.
- Baby plates and silverware– The good thing about these feeding plates and silverware is that they are made of silicone which is much safer for baby as it doesn’t leak chemicals when heated.
- Mesh feeder-Give your baby the ability to eat fresh fruit without the fear of them choking.
- DockAtot-This is perfect for any baby to sleep or lay in if you are leaving the house and don’t want to lug a huge pack and play or travel bassinet. It’s safe and they have a ton of different prints and designs.
- Baby blanket– This baby blanket is so perfect because it’s super soft (which our babies love, right?) and sturdy. BONUS: You can use it as a receiving blanket, nursing cover, playmat, stroller cover, baby quilt and even as a bath towel #momwin.
Talk about multi purposeful!
oh did I mention you can personalize it, too?
- Baby swaddle– There are two kinds of swaddles I love. This muslin bamboo swaddles blanket because it’s super soft, lightweight and made with a breathable fabric. but also these velcro swaddles that are perfect for the mama who hasn’t quite got their swaddle game down.
- Crib sheets– C
hoosingcrib sheets is fun because there are so many different patterns to choose from.
- Bassinet– I love this one because it’s safe and you can slide it right up to your bed. Its super lightweight, easy to assemble and has 6 different height positions.
- Pack N Play– This one is nice because it’s basically a 3 in 1 item. You have the pack n play, a removable bassinet, and a diaper changing area. It also has music and a night light along with a storage area for your diapering needs. It’s really a must-have item.
- Bouncer-These are perfect for baby to sleep in any room of the house. In the living room if your lounging, in the bathroom while you shower or in the kitchen while you are cooking.
- Rocking chair– Rocking chairs make rocking a baby so much easier and this one is sturdy, has pockets (which come in handy) and has a ton of color options.
- Hooded bath towel– This is the perfect towel for your little one because it’s super soft and absorbent. It’s also hypoallergenic and antimicrobial so it will never grow mildew or odors.
- Bathrobe– There is probably nothing cuter than a little human wearing a robe! These robes are 3x more absorbent than traditional cotton robes and it’s better for your skin because it’s naturally hypoallergenic and odor-resistant. BONUS: USE IT AS A BATH TOWEL OR WEAR AT THE BEACH!
Having kids means you probably have A LOT OF STUFF. So finding items that are multi-purposeful is a #momwin in my book.
- Washcloths– These are super soft, absorbent and durable. There antimicrobial and hypoallergenic which is perfect for babies with sensitive skin (my son has eczema so these are perfect for him). BONUS: USE IT AS A WASH CLOTH, PAPER TOWEL, OR BABY WIPE.
- These washcloths are perfect for bath time, cleaning up after a feeding (burp cloth) or as a more economical baby wipe option.
- Baby wash-I love this because not only does it smell like heaven but its made of 100 % virgin coconut oil so it’s healthy for baby’s skin.
- Baby bath tub-How cute is this baby bathtub? It’s perfect for bathing your baby in the sink or tub while keeping
Related: 15 Toddler Bath Time Activities
- Baby grooming kit– This kit comes in 2 colors and is equipped with; nail clippers, nose suction bulb, hairbrush/comb, a thermometer, and a ton more goodness you will need for your baby.
- Nasal aspirator– A battery-operated safe snot sucker. This is probably my favorite invention as far as baby products go.
- Thermometer– I defiantly prefer these types of thermometers over the no-contact thermometers because in my experience the temperatures all over the place whereas these ones were pretty accurate every time.
- Baby lotion-This all-natural baby lotion is not only good for your baby’s skin but it smells pretty good too.
- Changing pad-Create a single point in your home for diaper changes to help keep your home tidy and everything in one place.
- Changing pad cover-These are organic which is better for your little one’s skin and is machine washable.
- Diaper organizer-Keep everything organized and in one place making diaper changes much easier.
- Diaper genie– Don’t forget you need a place for those dirty diapers! If you also grab these diaper genie refill bags and odor-
controllingpuck you won’t even notice dirty diapers.
- Diapers-Its better to add different size diapers to your registry as they will grow super fast in the beginning.
- Wipes– I got so many baby wipes at my baby shower. I didn’t need to buy wipes for over a year. It was so incredibly nice to have one less thing to think about. So trust me when I say add baby wipes to your baby registry.
- Diaper cream– I will always swear by triple paste. My son would get horrible rashes and I would put this cream on him and the next day it was already getting better.
Labor and delivery
- Hospital bag bundle– This bundle includes a labor and delivery gown, skid-proof socks, racerback nursing bra, nursing tank, robe, and postpartum panties.
This comes as a set so you don’t have to worry about forgetting anything!
- Herbal sitz bath– Perfect for postpartum care.
- Herbal perineal spray– perfect all-natural cooling spray for postpartum care.
- Organic perineal balm-An all-natural balm for healing your lady parts after giving birth to your baby.
- Infant car seat-This car seat is nice because it has a snug lock (click connect) system so it makes putting in the car as easy as one click.
- Stroller-This stroller is nice because you can use it three ways; by setting the infant car seat directly into the stroller, rear or forward-facing, a toddler seat that reclines to use as an infant bassinet and for a toddler up to 50 pounds. This stroller grows with you!
- Convertible car seat-This car seat is nice because it grows with your child. You have a rear-facing hardness for an infant, forward-facing harness, high back booster seat, and a backless booster seat. So you are getting 10 years out of this bad boy (as long as no accidents).
- Baby carrier-There are two types (many brands and styles within these two types). A baby carrier that has straps (so to speak) and a baby carrier that is just a big piece of cloth (more or less). They both work great it just depends on preference.
- Diaper bag-This one is nice because there is a lot of room in there and you can just throw it over your shoulder when leaving with your baby.
- Mirror-Seeing your baby while your driving gives you peace of mind.
- Window shade-These are nice because they fit the window and it has a retractable button for an easy rollup.
- Night light-This night light is perfect for nighttime feedings or just as a night light for your baby and it’s dimmable so you have control of how light or dim it is.
- White noise machine– Help your baby sleep better at night with a noise machine designed to drown out background noise. I got this exact noise machine when my son was an infant and he still uses it 2.5 years later.
- Baby monitor-Have peace of mind by being able to see your baby while they sleep with this baby monitor. This monitor won the popular mechanics best baby monitor award in 2018 because of its amazing features.
- Storage bins– Your baby is going to acquire a lot of stuff. So having a few storage bins handy will help you keep things organized. Thus, creating less clutter (which seems to happen when you have kids).
- Baby swing-Your house is going to be consumed with baby stuff so it’s important to find products that have multiple uses. That’s why I love this baby swing, its basically a two in one product, baby swing, and a bouncer.
- Activity mat– This Montessori inspired activity gym has detachable toys ideal for grasping and passing from hand to hand. Made with organic material, is BPA free silicone which is safer for your baby and a ton more stuff to it.
- Safe teething toys-Made of 100% food-grade silicone and is free of BPA, PVC, and Phthalates so it’s completely safe for your baby.
- Rattles-Perfect foot and wrist rattles help your newborn baby find their hands and feet.
- Laundry bin-This bin is nice because its large enough to hold all your baby’s dirty clothes and is super cute coming in 9 different prints.
Creating a baby registry doesn’t have to be stressful or overwhelming especially if you’re using this baby registry checklist as a guide.
Always think about things that have multiple uses to help reduce the amount of stuff you have in your home.
But most of all, have fun with it!
How was your baby registry experience? Let us know in the comments.